Biomass as Renewable Energy Sustainability Questions
Find an article from the
Journal of Sustainability
- What topic did you search for to find this paper?
- Provide the correct bibliographic reference for this paper.
- What previous work & knowledge led to this study? What gap in knowledge will the study fill?
- What Sustainability concept did this paper advance?
- What is/are the specific research question(s)?
- How were the data gathered and what methods are used to analyze the data?
Note: There are different types of studies – describe which type is study the paper you read is:
- research studies collect and analyze data with statistical tests.
- Meta analyses collect data from lots of other papers, and analyze the data with statistical tests
- “case studies” look at other studies, and discuss them, but do not have metrics or data. They do not present data or statistical analyses.
- Theoretical studies discuss issues, but do not use data and do not provide statistical analyses.
- What are the major research findings?
- Why is this research broadly important to the field and to society?
- What could this paper have done better? Think critically – is there something this paper could have done differently?
- Would you recommend others in the class read this paper? Why or why not?