BUS 150 ArcGIS Desktop and Story Maps Questions
I’m trying to study for my Programming course and I need some help to understand this question.
1) Is ArcGIS Pro the same as ArcGIS desktop?
2) What is a relationship map?
3) What are story maps?
Getting to know Web GIS, Pinde Fu, 2016, ESRI Press. (ISBN: 978-1589484634)
Understanding GIS, fourth edition, David Smith, Nathan Strout, Christian Harder, Steven Moore, Tim Ormsby, Thomas Balstrom, 2018, ESRI Press
Additional Reading Materials:
It is expected that students will make extensive use of the following journals:
International Journal of Geographical Information Systems;
ESRI Press: Arc User & Arc News
The term big data refers to these massively large data sets that cannot be handled with traditional database technology. Big data is often defined according to the five V’s: Volume, Variety, Velocity, Veracity, and Value.
- Describe the five V’s that define big data applications.
- Investigate specific uses of big data within current organizations such as Facebook, Google, Twitter, Etsy, Netflix, and Disney, to name a few. What type of big data technology is being used?
- Investigate how the five V’s are being addressed in the organization you have chosen.