I urge you all to read “The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks.” Few books completely change my view. This is one of the view-changers.
In no less than 2 pages, please discuss:
Who was Henrietta Lacks? Why is she significant? What was ‘special’ about her cells? What is the moral controvery all about? What were some of the advancements made?
Again, please write in 5-paragraph format with an opening/introduction paragraph, 3 supporting paragraphs within the body and 1 closing paragraph. Font New Roman, font size 12, 1 inch margins, double-spaced. Literature cited page in CSE format, three references is more than enough.
1) READING: Chapter with a section on Cancer or The Genetic Basis of Cancer
2) REVIEW: Lab 6 as it covers cellular division (Cancer is division ‘out of control’)
3) READING: Relevant sections of a chapter on Immunology. Just enough to get the idea!
4) VIDEO: CBS NEWS the Immortal Henrietta Lacks (only 9 minutes, enjoy!)
5) VIDEO: How Cancer Cells Grow and Divide
Cancer Cells Discussion
I’m working on a biology discussion question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
Describe a type of human cancer and how you would best treat it.
Please reference cellular organelles and structures that you learned about so far in the course.
Here are a few things that you may want to consider in your write up: