Characteristics Of Creativity Discussion Essay Assignment
Characteristics of Creativity
There is no single theory, definition, or identification of creativity or a creative person. Researches propose that creativity is an ability that is a combination of genetic and environmental factors. They have also identified characteristics that may be important in the development of creative potential. These include cognitive, personal, and biographical. Creative people can be distinguished by their values, temperament, motivations, and the way they think.
Think for example of a creative musician you are familiar with. Then think of a creative mathematician, scientist, or physicist. They have varying characteristics such as risk-taking, independence, and curiosity. They can also have common patterns like motivation or task commitment. Since creativity manifests differently in people, we have no consistent or definitive way to assess or identify it. Therefore, we must look at and support the characteristics associated with creativity (Starko, 2022).
Review the module resources and the readings. Find a support journal or article (within 10 years, peer-reviewed) about the topic. Then explain the cognitive, personal, and biographical characteristics. Provide specific examples and descriptions of what these creative characteristics look like in your setting and with your student. Add specific support from the research including your source. Include in-text citations and references at the end of the post.
- Write a minimum of 200 words for the original discussion post.
- Read and answer all questions in the discussion prompt directly and accurately.
- Visit all the links and any additional resources provided in the discussion prompt.
- Use the readings, research, and other literature as a resource and cite them in responses.
- Add links or attachments to your posts when requested (e.g., link to a lesson plan, video).
- Discussion posts should state perspectives and include support from the research.
- Reply to at least one post from a classmate.
- Write a minimum of 100 words for the replies to classmates.
- Replies to classmates should go beyond statements of agreement or disagreement and may include support. Use the TAG method in your responses if necessary: Tell something done well. Ask a question of clarification. Give a suggestion.
- Make sure there are no major and distracting errors in composition, grammar, and spelling in posts and replies.
Cite sources when outside information is used. Be careful not to plagiarize. Do not copy and paste from the readings. Instead, paraphrase or summarize and use in-text citations and references at the end. Review the “Avoiding Plagiarism” announcement and use the following resources to help: