Characteristics of Leader Effectiveness Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is to examine similarities and differences in characteristics of effectiveness for several familiar leadership roles. In a three- to four-page paper (excluding the title and reference pages)
- Identify the characteristics by which the effectiveness of the following leaders might be evaluated: an assistant coach, a teacher, and a minister. Prioritize and explain the rationale for these characteristics.
- Discuss the ethical issues or challenges associated with prioritization.
- Compare and contrast the extent to which there are unique or similar characteristics across the different roles, and the extent to which the criteria are measurable. For example, some of the characteristics you might identify for the role of assistant coach might include the leadership behind a team’s win-loss record, player perceptions, team morale, etc.
Your paper must be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center, and it must include citations and references from the text and at least two scholarly sources from the University of Arizona Global Campus Library
Read the following chapters from Leadership: A high impact approach :
- Chapter 2 Preparing to Lead
- Chapter 8: Organizational Skills
Appelbaum, S. H., & Roy-Girard, D. (2007). Toxins in the workplace: Effect on organizations and employees. Corporate Governance, 7(1), 17-28. Retrieved from the ProQuest database.
Svensson, G., & Wood, G. (2007). Sustainable leadership ethics: A continuous and iterative process. Leadership & Organization Development Journal, 28(3), 251-268. Retrieved from the ProQuest database
Toor, S., & Ofori, G. (2009). Ethical leadership: Examining the relationships with full range leadership model, employee outcomes, and organizational culture. Journal of Business Ethics, 90(4), 533-547. Retrieved from the ProQuest database