Cis206 Course Project Phase 1 Report
NAME: DATE: PROFESSOR: CIS206 COURSE PROJECT PHASE 1 REPORT
Point Distribution for This Project Phase:
Category Points Possible Points Received Description Completeness of specs and parts 10 All major components, OS, and software listed Content, including brands, prices, answers to project template questions and citation of sources 25 All points addressed with adequate content Quality and completeness of four- to five-paragraph report 15 Report will not address the steps taken to complete the project, but will describe the learning taken away by completing the assignment. Total 50 A quality project will meet or exceed all of the above requirements.
Remember to use this template to submit your class project. Save the file with your name and CIS206 Project in the title. (Remove this comment before you turn in your lab!)
- What purpose did you select for the computer you will be building?
ADD ANSWER HERE.
- What price range did you select for the computer you will be building? Were you able to stay within budget? Why or why not?
ADD ANSWER HERE.
- List all major components in your spreadsheet template. Include at least the motherboard, processor power, memory, drives, and monitor size. Add to this list as needed.
HAVE YOU CREATED AN EXCEL SPREADSHEET FOR THIS PROJECT? ARE THESE INCLUDED IN YOUR SPREADSHEET?
- Determine all necessary parts to buy. (Include at least the case, expansion cards, NIC, and keyboard. Add to this list as needed.)
What parts did you decide to buy? ARE THESE INCLUDED IN YOUR SPREADSHEET?
- Include OS and software.
What OS and software did you decide to include? ARE THESE INCLUDED IN YOUR SPREADSHEET?
- Update an Excel spreadsheet with all specifications and parts.
HAVE YOU UPDATED YOUR SPREADSHEET?
- Price parts from two locations. You may use bricks and mortar stores in your area, such as TigerDirect and online sellers, such as newegg.com or http://www.tigerdirect.com/. So you can do all of your comparison shopping online, if you desire.
WHAT TWO LOCATIONS DID YOU CHOOSE TO PRICE PARTS? (YOU WILL BE ADDING IN THE PRICES FROM THESE TWO LOCATIONS AS SEPARATE COLUMNS IN YOUR SPREADSHEET. (See item #8 below))
- Update your spreadsheet with the seller’s name, prices, and totals.
ADD THE PRICES FROM THESE TWO LOCATIONS AS SEPARATE COLUMNS IN YOUR SPREADSHEET. MAKE SURE TO ADD THE VENDOR, PRICE, AND TOTAL FOR ALL ITEMS YOU SELECT AS WELL AS THE COMPUTER AS A WHOLE.
- Write a four- to five-paragraph report on your learning and experiences in completing this project. (15 points)
MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE AN INTRODUCTION, two to three PARAGRAPHS ABOUT THE PROJECT, AND A CONCLUSION FOR FULL CREDIT ON THIS PART OF THE ASSIGNMENT.
THIS IS A SAMPLE EXCELL