Conceptual and Operational Definitions of Constructs
Describe Conceptual and Operational Definitions of Constructs
In this assignment, you are being asked to research how other researchers have defined and operationalized constructs. You will research three constructs selected from a given list. You will also provide a conceptual and operational definition of a construct you might measure for your intended research or quantitative example for this course. Your full assignment response will include four constructs in total.
Conduct scholarly research that has been published within the past five years that measures three constructs selected from the list of constructs provided. Rather than present a traditional paper, organize the document by your selected constructs.
Provide a conceptual definition. Feel free to use direct quotes from the research article. Include appropriate APA style format. Then provide an operational definition that includes a measurement for the variable, and explain the level of measurement (nominal, ordinal, interval, and ratio) that is generated.
List of Constructs. Select three constructs from the following list.
- Cognitive dissonance
- Customer delight
- Employee productivity
- Job satisfaction
- Leadership style
- Organizational commitment
- Organizational Culture
Once this is completed, provide a conceptual and operational definition of a construct you might measure for your intended research or quantitative example for this course.
Length: Your paper should be between 5-7 pages, not including title and reference page.
References: Include a minimum of eight (8) scholarly sources. Your presentation should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.
All answers should be in the format listed (short answer or essay). Answer all questions. Please make sure your exam is in APA format. This exam is due Monday March 14 at 0600 (6:00 am). No late exams will be accepted and no emailed exams will be accepted. This is a solo effort, not a group project, and all exams will be submitted to Turnitin.
If you have any questions, please contact me. Good luck.
- What are the six elements of communication? Name, describe, and give an example of each.
- What are three basic rights associated with the Peace Officers Bill of Rights (POBR)? Name and describe each.
- Search the Internet and find two different police agency organizational charts. Compare and contrast the two agencies. Suggest why they are similar or different.
- If the system of justice in the United States is truly a non-system, as suggested in Chapter One, what measures could be taken to improve the inefficiencies that are often cited as the basis of the problem?
- What was the significance of the landmark case Tennessee v. Garner? Explain the facts of the case, all arguments, all opinions, and the lasting impact that this case has had.