coronary artery disease and coronary microvascular dysfunction in causing heart failure
- CAD (Coronary Artery Disease) and CMD (Coronary Microvascular Dysfunction) Dominance in Heart Failure.
- The topic will explore the pervasiveness of disruptive epicardial CAD and coronary CMD by involving HPpEF patients (hospitalized with preserved ejection fraction) and evaluating them through coronary angiography.
- The goal is to find the universal contributions of coronary microvascular dysfunction and coronary heart disease towards heart failure for hospitalized patients with HFpEF.
- The health conditions are associated with heart failure in various ways, but this research will find each condition’s role in disabling the pumping of enough blood by the heart muscle, to meet the body’s blood and oxygen needs.
- “What is the dominance of coronary artery disease and coronary microvascular dysfunction in causing heart failure?”
- The research question will validate the primary role of researching as indicated in the research topic.
- The study will use randomized controlled trials to carry out epidemiology study designs.
- The research will evaluate 100 patients hospitalized in healthcare facilities with HFpEF and conduct a study to undertake the participants through an angiography to examine coronary flow reserve, microvascular resistance index, coronary vasoreactivity testing, and fractional flow reserve.
- The researcher will follow a defined group over time hence insert a portion of cohort epidemiologic studies in the study design to enhance efficiency and effectiveness and obtain quality outcomes.
Importance of the Problem
- Studying coronary artery disease and coronary microvascular dysfunction’s dominance in heart failure will enlighten the public about heart diseases and educate them of the causes, mitigation measures, and treatment.
- The research goal is to find a solution to the increased heart failure problems by first examining hospitalized patients, then developing a long-term solution to improve their lives.
- The researcher will invest in fresh research and the previous work about epidemiology and analysis of heart failure to find the connection between CAD and CMD with heart failure and develop a long-term solution to stop heart failure problems.
Corcoran, D., Young, R., Adlam, D., McConnachie, A., Mangion, K., Ripley, D., … & Berry, C. (2018). Coronary microvascular dysfunction in patients with stable coronary artery disease: the CE-MARC 2 coronary physiology sub-study. International journal of cardiology, 266, 7-14.
De Vita, A., Manfredonia, L., Lamendola, P., Villano, A., Ravenna, S. E., Bisignani, A., … & Crea, F. (2019). Coronary microvascular dysfunction in patients with acute coronary syndrome and no obstructive coronary artery disease. Clinical Research in Cardiology, 108(12), 1364-1370.
Rush, C. J., Berry, C., Oldroyd, K. G., Rocchiccioli, J. P., Lindsay, M. M., Touyz, R. M., … & Petrie, M. C. (2021). Prevalence of coronary artery disease and coronary microvascular dysfunction in patients with heart failure with preserved ejection fraction. JAMA cardiology, 6(10), 1130-1143.