criminal trial process essay assignment
The criminal trial process has many components. In this assessment, you explore real-life examples of the criminal trial process in 2 different types of trials.
Search the Internet for trials using parameters such as, but not limited to, “watch criminal trials online,” or visit the Wild About Trial website.
Compare 2 trials. If possible, compare a murder trial with one involving another major felony. Include the parties represented in each trial (i.e., plaintiff and defendant).
Write 350- to 700-word comparison in which you:
- Summarize what each trial was about.
- Identify the type of court the trials were held in. Refer to Ch. 1 for types of courts in the United States.
- Describe as many of the steps of each trial as you can. Refer to Ch. 13 for the steps/process.
- Explain the similarities and differences between the 2 trials you selected.
- Identify as many of the actors of each trial as you can who played a role in the steps of the trial process. What were their roles?
Cite a minimum of 2 sources (one source for each trial).
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines.