Describing Organizational Culture Discussion Assignment
Discussion: Describing Organizational Culture
What does organizational culture mean to you? Has it been an important factor when deciding where you want to work? Has the culture of an organization ever caused you to want to leave an organization? Or is it a term that has little meaning for you or that you have not seen evidence of in the real world?
In this Discussion, you will first describe and analyze the culture of an organization you know well, using the concepts and frameworks provided in this week’s Learning Resources.
To prepare for this Discussion:
Review this week’s Learning Resources, especially:
- Organizational Culture – https://youtu.be/dAbR4bqK8mQ
- Organizational Culture “What is Culture?” https://youtu.be/wd1bsxWeM6Q
- How to define Culture – see pdf
- Structure of Culture – see pdf
- Identify an organization with which you are very familiar—perhaps one where you currently work (or have previously worked). As you consider this organization, think about how you would describe the culture of this organization, being sure to identify specific examples to support your description and reflecting on how this culture did or did not help the organization achieve and sustain success.
Post an analysis of the culture of an organization you know well, to include the following:
- Briefly (in 1–2 sentences) describe the organization you have selected.
- Identify one or two examples from this organization for each of the three levels of culture described by Lochner (2020, March 5): what we see, what we say, and what we believe.
- Next, indicate whether the organization’s internal and external cultures matched or were different, providing supporting examples.
- Finally, compare the organization’s vision and values to its actual culture and explain how managerial behaviors did or did not deliberately help shape culture for organizational success.
- 3 – 4 paragraphs
- No plagiarism
- APA citing