Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale Scoresheet
I’m working on a psychology multi-part question and need guidance to help me learn.
watch the hoarder’s episode and answer the following questions.
A Beautiful Mind
One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
- The Soloist
- The Bad Seed
- Words on Bathroom Walls
- 1 episode of “Hoarders”
- I am Someone’s Child, The Regina Louise Story
- The Father
- What is the name of the main character or focus of the video?
- Describe the setting(s) and environment in which the main character is generally featured.
What behaviors, that the main character exhibits, appear to be typical of most people of a similar age in similar environments?
- What behaviors that the main character exhibits, appear to be atypical of most people of a similar age in similar environments?
- Using the DSM-5, what diagnoses or psychological disorder(s) appear to be appropriate for the main character based on the atypical behaviors you have described? Cite the definition of the diagnosed condition according to the DSM-5.
- What treatments are recommended for this diagnosed psychological disorder as articulated in the DSM-5.
- What are the expected behavioral outcomes for the main character if the recommended treatments are followed by the main character?
demonstrate your ability to use an ECERs tool. Since it is not yet consistently feasible to visit centers in person, this assignment will be based on videos of an environment at another community college (Reedley). They have generously made them available for our use. Additionally, they have provided supplemental narrative information about the center (included below) which will enable you to complete your rating.
VIDEO EXPLANATION OF HOW TO COMPLETE THE ASSIGNMENT (LINKS TO AN EXTERNAL SITE.)*
*You can ignore the one statement where it says you must attend a “session”, this was made for another section that had a required meeting covering what you already learned about in the video lectures.
- While viewing the classroom videos linked below, use the ECERS-3 rating sheets for items 1, 2, 4, 5, 16, and 18 to rate the classroom depicted in the videos and score each item using the ECERS 3 Scoring Sheet which you will find just below the rating sheets. Remember, you must use BOTH documents at the same time. The videos provided will give you the information needed to score sheet the items. Make sure you read the notes of clarification which will provide additional information that may not be apparent in the videos.
- You will need to watch these videos multiple times (as many times as you need to get complete information). You will gain information for numerous measures in each video, in other words, each video does NOT correspond to a specific Item. You will NOT be able to fill out the ECERS entirely if you try to watch only the videos you think correspond to the Item #s on the scoring sheet.
- You can use any means you are comfortable with to fill out the ECERS. You can print, write your score in and then upload the pictures, or use some of the formatting options available in Microsoft word. If you are struggling with filling the document in, please contact me ASAP.
- Some parts will ask about interactions observed. Since this is not a live observation, you have my permission to make this part up. I’m most interested in your understanding of the scoring system.
- Do your very best to combine all of your sheets into ONE document prior to submitting.
** There are not many 7’s on the score sheet; please make sure you read and apply what you have learned. Completing an ECERS WILL be something you will do as a classroom teacher.****