Financial Accounting Case Study Essay
Pick one publicly traded company and go to their website and obtain the most recent annual income statement and balance sheet. Your paper will explain these two statements in terms of what you have learned so far this semester. Suggested topics to cover:
- Total Revenue, Gross Margin and Net Income
- Earnings per share
- Total Assets and total equity
- Percent of debt to total equity
- Current Ratio
- Inventory turnover ratio
- Receivables turnover ratio
- Days Sales Outstanding
- Method of Inventory costing and valuation
- How does this company’s ratios compare to its peers?
- Is this company’s performance improving, staying the same or getting worse?
- Also spend some time talking about what this company does…Pick a company that you like their product or service.
- Based on your analysis would you invest in this company?
Item 100% 80% 70%
# of pages: 3 or more 2 Less than 2 Format: Typed, double- space, references – MLA or APA format. Font times new roman size 12 Typed double- spaced, font times new roman size 12 Not double-spaced. Irregular font. References to Text, finance book, journal articles Three references or more Two references Less than 2 references Readability and message: Paper has strong message, easy to read, and well-organized. Good message, but not organized well Weak on readability and message Financial Ratios Use of at least 6 different financial ratios, properly formatted Use of at least 3 financial ratios Use of at least one ratio