Fresh Connections Case Study Assignment
This case acts as a Capstone project for this class. It will need you to look at what you have learned in this entire course and develop an operations strategy for the company. You will be acting as consultants again and prepare a report to Ms. McKenzie. Some questions Ms. Mackenzie is bothered with are listed in the first page and then in the conclusion of the case. You do not need to answer these questions one by one, but rather prepare a report that captures the answers to these questions. You can also use the questions I listed below as guidance when putting together your report:
1) What are the most important operating and strategic issues facing Fresh Connections (FC)?
2) Which segment(s) of the prepared food business do you think is most attractive for FC?
3) What choices must FC make in developing an operations strategy? What is the effect of complexity on FC’s operations?
4) How will growth impact FC’s operations?
5) What capabilities should FC emphasize in its strategy?
Communications Book Analysis
In your final papers, you are required to give philosophical and critical responses to one or two of the texts that we have been reading throughout the quarter. As such, they are neither mere summaries of the text, nor a collection of subjective feelings. Instead, they are rigorous responses to a text based on your own thoughts and feelings, expressed in one of the following ways:
- by relating an example, e.g. film, news article, literature, philosophical inquiry, etc., to the text. Here, you should be able to clarify the problem given in the text by using examples.
- by raising questions and doubts about the text in relation to an example, e.g. film, news article, literature, philosophical inquiry, etc. You may question the claims given in the text as well. Here, you should be able to present the claim clearly and then raise critical questions by using an example.