Freud Psychoanalytic Theory Application Essay
Read the “Case Study Analysis” document and select one of the six case studies.
Write a 1,000-1,500-word analysis of the case study using Freud’s psychoanalytic theory approach. Include the following in your analysis:
What will be the goals of counseling and what intervention strategies are used to accomplish those goals?
Describe the process of treatment using this theory. This should include a description of the length of treatment, the role of the counselor, and the experience of the client as they work from beginning to termination of therapy.
- How does this theory address the social and cultural needs of the client? (Cite specific research findings)
- Describe valuable insights of coming to understand the client’s unconscious world as the counseling process continues.
- How can a counselor implement Freudian processes in counseling without undue risk to the client or the counseling relationship?
- Include at least six scholarly references beyond the textbook in your analysis.
- Each response to the assignment prompts should be addressed under a separate heading in your paper. Refer to “Headings” in Class Resources for help in formatting the headings.
Validating and Embracing Spiritual Perspectives Paper
this week, you will compose a brief paper that provides you with a deeper sense of competency in a religion, spiritual practice, or religious belief that you are not very familiar with. You will be provided a platform to discuss your own religious or spiritual sense of self, and consider how you might integrate spirituality into your work as a therapist.
Be sure your paper includes the following:
- A brief discussion (1-2 pages) on religion, religious practice, or spiritual practice or belief that you were not familiar with before. You can present an entire religion or denomination of one religion (some examples: Orthodox Judaism, Pentecostal Christian, Vaishnavism, Animism, Santeria, Spiritism, etc.) Or, you can pick a specific ritual (e.g., Okuri, Batmistfah, Shamanism, Shahada, Hajj, Communion, etc.).
Note: Feel free to explore unique perspectives or search religions in areas of the world you are less familiar with. These listed examples are only a small portion of possible religions and rituals.
Note: References in this section (Section 1 of this assignment) do not need to be journals/academic sources, you can seek out websites or other non-academic sources.
- Consider the following questions in your discussion:
- How does this religion or ritual express hope?
- How is “change” or “healing” associated with this religion or ritual?
- How does this religion or ritual present health? (Or, mental health?)
- A reflection on your own beliefs and the connection to this religion or ritual (about a page).
- A reflection on ways that you might integrate religion or spirituality into your own clinical work (about a page).
Explanation & A