Gathering Evidence in Comparison to The Experience
Share your research problem. What databases did you search as you gathered evidence to support your research problem/questions? What search terms did you use? How many total articles on the subject did you find? What criteria led you to include or exclude sources? How did you determine that the evidence used was credible?
In response to your peers, consider your experience with gathering evidence in comparison to the experience of your peers. Offer suggestions and constructive feedback on how the search could have been improved or positively impacted.
Discussion Rubric: Undergraduate
Your active participation in the discussion forums is essential to your overall success this term. Discussion questions are designed to help you make meaningful connections between the course content and the larger concepts and goals of the course. These discussions offer you the opportunity to express your own thoughts, ask questions for clarification, and gain insight from your classmates’ responses and instructor’s guidance.
Requirements for Discussion Board Assignments Students are required to post one initial post and to follow up with at least two response posts for each discussion board assignment.
For your initial post (1), you must do the following:
- Compose a post of one to two paragraphs. · In Module One, complete the initial post by Thursday at 11:59 p.m.
- In Modules Two through Eight, complete the initial post by Thursday at 11:59 p.m. of your local time zone.
- Take into consideration material such as course content and other discussion boards from the current module and previous modules, when appropriate (make sure you are using proper citation methods for your discipline when referencing scholarly or popular resources).
For your response posts (2), you must do the following:
- Reply to at least two different classmates outside of your own initial post thread.
- In Module One, complete the two response posts by Sunday at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time.
- In Modules Two through Eight, complete the two response posts by Sunday at 11:59 p.m. of your local time zone.
- Demonstrate more depth and thought than simply stating that “I agree” or “You are wrong.” Guidance is provided for you in each discussion prompt.
Critical Elements Exemplary Proficient Needs Improvement Not Evident Value
Comprehension Develops an initial post with an organized, clear point of view or idea using rich and significant detail (100%)
Develops an initial post with a point of view or idea using adequate organization and detail (85%)
Develops an initial post with a point of view or idea but with some gaps in organization and detail (55%)
Does not develop an initial post with an organized point of view or idea (0%)
Timeliness Submits initial post on time (100%)
Submits initial post one day late (55%)
Submits initial post two or more days late (0%)
Engagement Provides relevant and meaningful response posts with clarifying explanation and detail (100%)
Provides relevant response posts with some explanation and detail (85%)
Provides somewhat relevant response posts with some explanation and detail (55%)
Provides response posts that are generic with little explanation or detail (0%)
Writes posts that are easily understood, clear, and concise using proper citation methods where applicable with no errors in citations (100%)
Writes posts that are easily understood using proper citation methods where applicable with few errors in citations (85%)
Writes posts that are understandable using proper citation methods where applicable with a number of errors in citations (55%)
Writes posts that others are not able to understand and does not use proper citation methods where applicable (0%)
Discussion Rubric: Undergraduate