HM503 Drafting an Emergency Operations Plan
Unit 6 Final Assignment
Developing an EOP
For this assignment, you will be working alone.
Draft an Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) for a city of your choice as if preparing for a hurricane Katrina-type disaster. This EOP should:
- Identify all eight of the topics needed for a complete EOP.
- Illustrate how all eight of the topics needed for a complete EOP fits into the formats outlined in course readings.
- Determine if the template is tailored to the city jurisdiction’s geographic, political, and social environment.
- Address the following concerns:
- The resulting plan represents the jurisdiction’s unique hazard and threat situation by ensuring that the underlying facts and assumptions that drove the template to match those applicable to the jurisdiction.
- The hazard and risk assessments match the jurisdiction’s demographics, infrastructure inventory, probability of hazard occurrence, etc.
- The template identifies the resources needed to address the problems generated by an emergency or disaster only in a general way.
- Using the template may stifle creativity and flexibility, thereby constraining the development of strategies and tactics needed to solve disaster problems.
- Determine the benefits of both teamwork and using a template.
- Evaluate the eight topics as they relate to the disaster, regarding the strengths and weaknesses of the implementation of the jurisdictions EOP.
Points: 140 of the total points available for the assignment are associated with the individual submission. Please see below!
No cutting and pasting information…. Paraphrase, reword