Homework Chemistry Worksheet Essay Assignment
- Which pairs of elements are likely to form ionic bonds (I) and which pairs are likely to form covalent bonds (C)?
- Carbon and hydrogen _____
- Sodium and sulfur _____
- Hydrogen and oxygen _____
- Magnesium and bromine _____
- Positively charged ions are called _______________________ and negatively charged ions are called ______________________________
- When the following atoms become ions what charges do they acquire?
- Li _____
- S _____
- Ca _____
- F _____
the ion symbol for the atom with the given number of protons and electrons.
element fits each description?
- Four protons and two electrons ______
- 22 protons and 20 electrons _____
- 16 protons and 18 electrons _____
- 13 protons and 10 electrons _____
- A period 2 element that forms a +2 cation _____
- An ion from group 7A with 18 electrons ______
- A cation from group 1A with 36 electrons _____
- b. c. d.
- Write a. b. c. d. e.
noble gas has the same electronic configuration as each ion?
O2- _____ Mg2+ _____ S2- _____ Cl- _____
the chemical formula for an ionic compound composed of each pair of ions. the sodium ion and the sulfur ion _______________________
the aluminum ion and the fluoride ion ___________________
the 3+ iron ion and the oxygen ion ______________________
the calcium ion and the nitrate ion ______________________ the magnesium ion and the carbonate ion _________________
- The recommended dietary allowance for calcium for teenage children is 1,300 mg per day. If a typical 8.0-fl oz glass of reduced-fat milk contains 298 mg of calcium, how many fluid ounces of milk does a teenager need to drink to get the entire recommended amount of calcium from this milk?