Human Beings Efficiency Cuts Across All Spheres of Life
Use the assigned chapters and the “Interpersonal Relationships in Transnational, Virtual Teams: Towards a Configurational Perspective” article located on this week’s University Library Resources page to complete this assignment.
Read the following case study scenario:
In a recent merger, two companies combined; one company was located in the United States, and the other company was located in Japan. Although both companies are now a unified business organization, offices will be kept in both countries. Because of this merger, transnational groups are now being formed with employees from the United States and from Japan.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper that addresses the following:
- Define organizational culture, and discuss how an organization’s culture can affect its members.
- How might individualism and collectivism affect the functioning of the new transnational work groups in this scenario?
- Discuss strategies that can help transnational work groups be successful and effective when meeting face to face.
- Because transnational work groups will generally work virtually, discuss strategies focused on helping virtual, transnational work groups be successful and effective.
Demonstrate Diversity and Inclusion in Group Therapy Essay
Develop a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for your agency based on the inclusion of LGBTQ clients. You currently offer group support therapy in your outpatient practice. You are writing the SOP to create inclusionary criteria for LGBTQ populations in your support group services. You may use the attached example as a format for your SOP.
Based on your readings so far, what would be a support group that would be most needed by this population? Write your SOP for this particular support group (e.g., co-occurring support group, recovery support group, survivor support group).
- The SOP will focus on providing training for staff and will include culturally sensitive objectives, outcomes, and supporting materials needed to competently treat LGBTQ clients. This will include (but not be limited to) inclusive language, activities, and treatment interventions.
- The SOP will include how the agency and therapists should address documentation in terms of confidentiality, informed consent, and collaboration with other providers based on clients who participate in a group setting.
- The SOP should include how to write progress notes and what documentation is needed for group participants paying close attention to issues related to gender identity language and implicit bias.
- The SOP should include how to write a group treatment plan.
- The SOP should include how to disseminate information to group participants.
- Be sure to include how this SOP follows the AAMFT Code of Ethics on the above-stated issues.
- Conclude your SOP with recommendations for mandatory training resources that staff should participate in before they engage in any client /group treatment.