ideas for improving the physical environment
Task 2: Report and Presentation
This assessment task must be conducted using the simulated business Bounce Fitness. You can access the documents that you require on Canvas page for Task 2. You may need to conduct further research.
Part A – Reflection – Lead innovation
This part requires you to examine your effect on a team’s innovation; specifically, how you have lead innovation through your personal example. In order to assess this, you will be required to write a personal reflection of the way in which you have established procedures and practices to foster innovation through your work including:
- Collaborative work arrangements
- Building team capacity to contribute to innovation
- Providing formal and informal learning opportunities
- Evaluating ideas
- Celebration and promotion of innovation
- Respectful communications and sharing of ideas and feedback.
Your personal reflection should be approximately 1,500 words long and must include concrete examples of each of the factors listed above.
Part B – Practical – Develop innovation
This part requires you to establish work practices that support innovation. In order to accomplish this, you must provide examples of conditions, procedures and arrangements that you would create in the Bounce Fitness Centre Cairns that encourage innovation in the workplace. You should also provide evidence for building and leading teams in innovative ways. These could include:
- Minutes of Meetings;
- Examples of working arrangements such as flexible time or other relevant arrangements that you have set;
- Procedures and policies that involve innovation;
- Practices that encourage innovation;
- Team building documents.
At least two (2) pieces of evidence is required. For the evidence that you are providing, ensure that you write down exactly what it is demonstrating, and how the change increased innovation at Bounce Fitness.
(Approx. 200 words)
Part C – Project: Promote innovation
This part requires that you provide evidence of your ability to promote innovation in Bounce Fitness Cairns.
You must also provide evidence that you are taking advice and suggestions from colleagues to build innovation (at least two examples).
For each piece of evidence that you provide:
- ensure that you write down exactly what it is demonstrating,
- write down how the change would increase innovation at Bounce Fitness.
(Approx. 200 words)
Part D – Group Work: Create a physical Promote innovation
This part requires you to develop new ideas for improving the physical environment. It includes a (video) presentation These could include collaborative spaces, social areas, inspirational features such as designs, interesting objects, posters, etc.
You are required to:
- create an overall plan for improving the efficiency of the Cairns Centre.
- present your findings to your fellow learners.
Your overall plan should include:
- An evaluation of the current situation of Bounce Fitness Cairns Centre
- You are to collaborate with a project team(your fellow learners) on how to enhance the physical working environment
- Consider new ideas for resources and equipment that may enhance innovation
- Examine ways of improving the creative mind set of others, including an examination of design, fit-out and decoration
Your presentation of the plan:
(a) should be around 5 to 10 minutes in length
(b) must be delivered using presentation slides.
Your assessor will be looking for:
- Use of clear language appropriate to the audience to promote and share information, requirements and recommendations relating to the workplace redesign
- Presentation of ideas and concepts using structure and language to suit the audience
- Alignment of ideas for workspace changes to workplace goals and objectives
- Collaboration and sharing of ideas with the project team
- An understanding of how the physical working environment could be modified to support creative thinking and innovation activities
- Identification of physical challenges and barriers to innovation that could be at Bounce Fitness Cairns Centre.
Adjustment for online students:
- The project team or group does not need to be fellow students but can be comprised of at least 2 of your friends, family, local club members, workmates, and so on.
- Submit your recorded video via Canvas. Ensure that the assessor can see your face while presenting.
Part E – Practical: Provide learning opportunities
This part requires you to look at how learning opportunities can be used for increasing overall innovation.
In order to do this, you must provide a written report on the outcomes of Part D. This report must
- Outline any information that you have shared with others, with a discussion of how this improved overall innovation.
- Discuss formal and informal learning opportunities that could be put in place in Bounce Fitness, that help or would help develop skills for innovation (as well as any further ideas that you would like to introduce).
- Discuss how you will create opportunities in which individuals can learn from the experience of others.
(Approx. 200 words)
End of Assessment
Congratulations, you have completed this assessment task.Please ensure all questions are answered and upload the following:
- This completed workbook
- Video Recording of Part D(If you are completing this unit online)
- PowerPoint slidesused when carrying out the presentation in Part D.
5 | Page