Importance of Quality Management Theory, Principles, and Practices
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Ministry of Education
Saudi Electronic University
College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Quality Management (MGT 424)
Due Date: 03/12/2022 @ 23:59
Course Name: Student’s Name: Course Code: MGT424 Student’s ID Number: Semester: Second CRN: Academic Year:2021-22-2nd
For Instructor’s Use only
Instructor’s Name: Students’ Grade:
Marks Obtained/Out of 10
Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low
General Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
- Recognize the importance of quality management theory, principles, and practices applied in businesses on national and international levels.
- Use quality improvement tools and practices for continuous improvement to achieve the organizational change and transformation.
Quality of Life program in Saudi Arabia
The Quality of Life Program is one of the 20230 vision – realization programs, it. was launched in 2018 to improve the quality of life of citizens and visitors The program main focus is to improve the lifestyle of individual, family and the society of Saudi Arabia as a whole, in addition to infrastructure development.
Access the program page https://www.vision2030.gov.sa/v2030/vrps/qol/ , look into the information provided to familiarize yourself with the program aspects; you will notice that many projects related to the program are already in process. Finally, answer the following questions, be aware that there is no one right answer as long as you defend your opinion with critical analyses and use the materials covered in the class.
Note: reading the Quality of Life Program Delivery Plan document is recommended.
The assignment questions:
- Choose one area from the quality program and provide general information ( transportation , housing , educational opportunities , social environment , healthcare , entertainment , culture , art , sport …etc) ( 100 – 150 words – 2 point )
- Highlight at least three plans that are positioned by the government to enhance the quality in the area chosen? ( 100 – 150 words – 2 point )
- Based on your understanding , what could be the most effective organizational structure (Hierarchical, matrix, cross-functional, product or process based structure) that can be used in order to organize the process of implementation, and why? ( 100 – 150 words – 2 point )
You are free to use more than one structure suggestion, however defend your answer with thoughtful reasons.
- Using the quality planning functions that you have studied earlier this semester, who are the interned target in your chosen area (be specific), what are their needs? ( 100 – 150 words – 2 point )
- How does this program fulfill these needs ( relate your answer to one of the quality approaches discussed in the class) ( 100 – 150 words – 2 point )