Infant Room for Children Worksheet
Designing the classroom layout is an important part of designing a developmentally appropriate environment for any age group. The indoor and outdoor arrangement is an important asset to curriculum development. The environment serves as a third teacher providing an extension to the classroom management and helping the teacher accomplish the learning goals and objectives.
- Design an infant room for children ages 9-12 months using Microsoft Word or another software program.
- Make sure to all aspects of your classroom design, as well as furnishings. You must include the following in your classroom design:
- doors and windows
- furniture (shelving, changing tables, cribs, etc.)
- play area
- built-in or freestanding cabinets/storage
- carpet/tile flooring
- The simplest way to create your classroom layout is by using the website This is where you will use the tools available to create your classroom. There are instructions on the Web page, and you will follow these 2 steps:
- Select the basic dimensions of the room from the Room Dimensions from the drop-down box.
- Drag objects to the grid from the Items bar, or draw in your own objects with the Draw tool. Arrows will allow you to change the position of some items. Delete an object by dragging it to the trashcan at the bottom or by clicking ‘delete’ on your keyboard. Objects must be selected by clicking the arrow button on the Draw toolbar.
- You can also do your infant classroom arrangement in a Microsoft Word document using the insert table to use “shapes” and text boxes to design your classroom, but it might be more time-consuming.
- Using catalogs and online websites from Early Childhood distributors, create a list of all the furnishings needed to equip the room.
- A minimum of 10 furnishings need to be included in your list and must include the company, the quantity needed, item number, brief description, and price (per item).
- Using catalogs and online websites from Early Childhood distributors, create a list of all the materials needed to equip the room.
- A minimum of 20 materials must be included in your list and must include the company, the quantity needed, item number, brief description, and price (per item).