INTR 599 Personal Reflection Module 2
It is important for students to understand how their curriculum is applied to real world workplace environments. How what you are studying can or will benefit you in your current, or future, career. For this assignment, you will need to review your program’s curriculum and goals and compare that to your current job/internship (if unemployed, reflect on a job/career that you desire to obtain in the future).
To complete the assignment, please follow the below instructions:
Review your program’s goals and curriculum on the UC Webpage and the UC Graduate Course Catalog:
Reflect on (research, if needed) your current (or future) job duties and responsibilities.
- Assignment Details:
Part 1 – Identify a Problem
- Problem solving starts by being able to identify existing problems, gaps in service, inefficient systems/processes, flawed policies, or any other areas of our job/career where improvement is needed. Identify a problem or gap at your workplace and explain why/how this problem exists.
Leadership Management Design Development Learning Intervention For Walmart
You are asked to design a leadership or management development learning intervention for an organisation of your choice (3000 words (+/- 10%) •You will need to cost the proposal and make a case for the resources required. Use the academic literature to frame, develop and justify, and critically evaluate your approach.
- Consider the implications of your proposed intervention for the skills required by HRD practitioners within your company’s context.
- Introduction:choice of organisation and brief intro – why is a new intervention needed now(new organisational sustainability strategy/challenge)? ~300 wordsTraining needs analysis – Howwill you establish the Training needs? What TNA strategy will you employ –explain why. Why are you implementing this intervention at this time – what is the TN gap and how does this align tocurrent or future organisational strategy. How will you present your ‘case forlearning’ (put case for learning in appendix)~700 wordsDesign – based on the result of your TNA whattype of intervention would best bridge the gap – what are the priorities? Howwill you take into account diversity of the work place? What modes of deliverydo you need to consider (put training interventionplan/Programme outline/sample materials in appendices)~700 words Delivery – what practical and logistical issues doyou need to take into consideration – what will this cost? (put budget in appendices)~700wordsEvaluation – what is your evaluation strategy foryour intervention – what are you going to evaluate and how/when? ~500 wordsConsideration of HRD skills – Whatskills will an HRD practitioner need in order to realise this assignment andwhat roles might they need to play – how might these be affected by theorganisational context? What could they do to hone and develop their skills (CPD) ~400 words
- •Acade micrigour
- Critical thinking and analysis
- Anappreciation of practical issues and the context of HRD
- Goodplanning and presentation
- The bringing together of theory and practice