JC Penney Case Study
These questions (and the assignment prompts) are to help guide your preparation for the case analysis, but there is no need to respond to these questions. Respond only to the assignment prompts after these questions.
- a) 2011 November.
- i) What are JC Penney’s marketing strategy (STP) and marketing tactics (Four Ps)?
- ii) What is it doing well, and what could it do better?
- b) “Fair and Square” repositioning.
- i) What are the company’s new marketing strategy (STP) and marketing tactics (Four Ps)?
- ii) How well do the various elements of the “Fair and Square” repositioning work with each other?
- c) Do you agree with the 2012 August changes that Johnson decided on? Why or why not?
Note: Please stick to the case facts and provide your analyses rather than analyses available elsewhere.
1) What were JC Penney’s objectives and TMS for its “Fair and Square” repositioning? How successful was the “Fair and Square” repositioning at meeting its various objectives? Explain.
2) If the company’s trajectory continues for Quarters 3 and 4, how would you turn the company around? Explain.