LIBOR Scandal Case Study Project Presentation
Individual Case Study Project
You are newly appointed as an Ethics and Compliance Officer at an established Investment Bank. Your first task is to investigate the LIBOR Scandal involving some of the largest and powerful banks in the world AND to present your findings to the Compliance Department at the Bank. Your research methodology, investigation and analysis should cover the background to the issue, the ethical dilemmas and relevant information from credible sources and be referenced using the Harvard Referencing Style. The research should cover
Coverage of the issue by philosophers and media in the past
Ethical concerns, such as bias, truth, justice, fairness, economic considerations
EDM models (Ethical Decision Making)
Stakeholder impact theories
Code of corporate Governance
Code of ethics
Opinions of experts in the field
Case Study Report (25 marks)
Prepare a detailed report analyzing the given case. Reports should be 3,500 words (excluding table of contents, bibliography, and references), double-spaced typewritten, with graphs and illustrations, if necessary. Your report must contain the following elements:
1)Background of the scandal (2 marks)
2)Triggers and Timeline of events (4 marks)
3)Consequences of scandal (4 marks)
4)Detailed literature review- analysis using philosophical theories, EDM, governance and professional codes (6 marks)
5)Key missing Governance pieces (2 marks)
6)Company’s ethical culture (2 marks)
7)Lessons to be learnt (2 marks)
8)Conclusion (3 marks)
Presentation (15 marks)
10 Microsoft PowerPoint slides covering
1)Introduction (1 mark)
2)Research Methodology (1 mark)
3)Presentation of Analysis (2 marks)
4)Presentation of Impact (2 marks)
5)Presentation of Ethical considerations (2 marks)
6)Presentation of Lessons Learnt (2 marks)
7)Content of presentation (2 marks)
8)Clarity and logical flow of content presented (1 mark)
9)Impactful use Voice in delivery (1 mark)
10)Appropriate of Gestures and Presentation Space (1 mark)
General Instructions & Format:
1) The word limit for this assignment report is 3,500 words (+/- 10%); excluding graphs and tables.
2) The assignment must be submitted on time (a soft copy to be uploaded on Turnitin submission link on My Class) to be considered for evaluation.
3) If you face any problem, please make sure to contact your lecturer before the due date.
4) You are expected to support your work with sources from the literature and use Harvard referencing style as appropriate, in text and in the list of references at the end of your assignment.
- Font: Times New Roman
- Use double spacing and sufficient margins (3-4 cm)
- Headings & subheadings font size: 14 points; the rest of the text: 12 points
- All pages should be numbered; include a table of content.
- The report and presentation will be marked out of 40 marks (40% of your final grade) based on the attached grading scheme. Please read the marking rubric with care as this rubric will be used for grading the report.
- Fill in the BIBF Assignment Coversheet, scan it or capture it as a picture (to ensure that it does not affect the similarity % counted by Turnitin) and paste it in the first page of your assignment.
Please insert your digital signature on the cover sheet of the soft copy submitted.
By signing the coversheet and uploading your work on Turnitin, you confirm that:
– The work is your own, and that you have not copied another’s work or allowed anyone to copy your work, and that you have referenced the work of others in an appropriate way.
– You have read and understood the BIBF guidelines on Plagiarism and abided with the necessary practice
Students who are suspected to have encountered any form of academic dishonesty will face further investigation