Newark Chemical Reactions Presentation Essay Assignment
FOLLOW ALL REQUIREMENTS. 5 SLIDES!
- Make observations and classify the reaction.
?2. Identify the type of reaction and predict the product(s).
A chemical reaction is a process that is usually characterized by a chemical change in which the starting materials (reactants) are different from the products. Chemical reactions tend to involve the motion of electrons leading to the breaking the bonds and forming of new bonds. There are several different types of chemical reactions and more than one way of classifying them. The most common types of chemical reactions are as follow:
- Synthesis or combination?Reactions (A + B?AB; 2Mg + O2? 2MgO)
- Decomposition?Reactions (AB?A + B; 2H2O2?2H2 +O2)
- Single replacement?Reactions (AB + C?A + CB; CuCl2 + Zn ?Cu + ZnCl2)
- Double replacement or metathesis (AB + CD?AD + CB; AgNO3 + NaCl ? AgCl + NaNO3)
- Combustion Reactions (No general pattern; C + O2? CO2)
Now you have learned how to classify different types of chemical reactions, your assignment is to make a power point presentation on Experiment 9 – Types of Chemical Reactions Here is what you have to do and the requirement on your project.
- Choose a type of chemical reaction from the above five different types of chemical reactions.
- Research and make a five-slide power point presentation.
- Follow the format below for your power point presentation and grading rubric.
Slide One: your name, course number, name of the type of chemical
Reaction you choose and why do you choose it. A background picture is required.
Slide Two to Slide Three: Show two balance chemical equations that are related to your chosen chemical reaction, and explain.Types of Chemical Reactions. A background picture is required.
Slide Four to Slide Five: Name two examples in our daily life that are related
to the type of chemical reaction you choose and explain. A background