Security Policy and Monitoring Implementation
Type: Discussion Board
Unit: Security Policy and Monitoring Implementation
Due Date: Tue,11/26/19
Grading Type: Numeric
Points Possible: 75
Deliverable Length: 400–600 words
View objectives for this assignment
Looking for tutoring? Go to Smarthinking
Collapse All | Expand All Collapse All | Expand All
Primary Discussion Response is due by Friday (11:59:59pm Central), Peer Responses are due by Tuesday (11:59:59pm Central).
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
- Provide 1 S.M.A.R.T. metric for security monitoring.
- Explain how it meets the S.M.A.R.T criteria and how it is a relevant measure for security network monitoring.
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- S.M.A.R.T. metrics are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Timely. What cybersecurity metrics can meet that criteria for monitoring?
- Metrics are important in demonstrating both the importance and the value of security. What measurements would illustrate this to management?
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
- Antonucci: Chapter 4
- National Institute of Standards and Technology. (2008). Performance measurement guide for information security. Retrieved from http://nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/Legacy/SP/nistspecialpublication800-55r1.pdf
- Leach, T. (2017). Promoting efficiencies through security metrics. Retrieved from https://www.csoonline.com/article/3154807/security/promoting-efficiencies-through-security-metrics.html
- InitGrow. (n.d.) Security standards, policy & process definition. Retrieved from http://intigrow.com/security-standards-policy-a-process-definition.html
- CSO Staff. (2016). Security policy samples, templates and tools. Retrieved from https://www.csoonline.com/article/3019126/security/security-policy-samples-templates-and-tools.html