Sustainability Education Community Engagement Project Report
For your Community Engagement Project, you will be working with one of the three Community
Partner Organizations available for volunteering this semester in Ecology and People: The Food
Garden of the CSUN Institute of Sustainability, Heal the Bay or the California Seaweed Festival.
1) If you are able to go to campus, work with the Food Garden.
2) Heal the Bay has a great website for volunteers: https://healthebay.org/take-part/.
Look at the sections on Give Time, Give Voice and Marine Debris Tracking. You can use
the Marine Debris Tracker App anywhere in California. You don’t have to be on an LA
3) If you are not able to work hands-0n with one of those organizations and need a
remote placement, The California Seaweed Festival puts on events in the Fall and has a
few opportunities for remote work in the Spring semester.
Your Report should include the following elements:
Briefly describe the Community Partner Organization’s mission. What are they trying to do?
What problem does their work solve? Education is part of their mission. What information do
they want to communicate and to whom? How can volunteers help fulfill their goals? How are
you going to contribute to the mission of the organization you are going to work with? Your
volunteer contributions will be unique. What to you bring to the organization in terms of skills,
interests, location and or perspective?
Hand Hygiene Discussion
- Discuss the importance of the chosen topic in healthcare
b. Discuss how the chosen topic can improve the delivery of quality patient care
c. Discuss how the chosen topic can be incorporated into patient education.
2. The body of text must contain two direct quotes, one personal communication, one narrative (in the sentence) paraphrase, and one
parenthetical paraphrase. Cite each according
3. Include level one headings (page 47-48). Utilize the purpose statement to develop the level one heading for the paper.
4. Include a reference page that reflects all the sources used within the text. The list should be in APA format. Authors alphabetized, double-
spaced, and have a hanging indent. Do not change the order of the authors as they appear in the article because the author’s input
determines the placement of the names.
5.Assignment 3 should include a title page, introductory paragraph with the purpose statement, body of text (3 paragraphs), and a reference
6. Include the two-scholarly peer-reviewed references that support the paper.
7. The paper should be no more than three pages not including the title page and the reference page.
8. Make any corrections to Assignment 2: Introduction and Purpose Statement.
9. Again, rename Assignment 3 making any needed corrections.
10. There should be no errors in grammar, punctuation, or APA format.
11. Submit the Assignment by the posted due date.