The Erie Canal is one of the great engineering feats in American history. Once opened, the Erie Canal revolutionized transportation in the United States. It literally shifted the direction goods took to get to market. Americans no longer had to ship their goods down the Mississippi River to New Orleans and then on the ocean to the eastern seaboard cities. Now goods could be shipped to the Great Lakes and from the lakes to the Erie Canal to the Hudson River and finally on down river to New York City.
Use the internet to find the answers to the following questions.
Name the governor of New York who insisted on building the Erie Canal.
2. What two cities are at the opposite ends of the Erie Canal?
3. How long is the Erie Canal?
4. How long did it take to build the Erie Canal?
5. In which state is the Erie Canal located?
6. Discuss the impact the Erie Canal had on American history?
PLACE THE ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A PERFECT SCORE!!!