The Norton Anthology of American Literature
READING ASSIGMENT FROM:
Title: The Norton Anthology of American Literature (shorter 9th ed) Paperback: Volume 1 (1312 pages) AND Volume 2 (1716 pages) Publisher: W. W. Norton & Company; 9th edition (2017) Language: English
ISBN-13: 978- 0393264517
Biography, Vol. 2 pp. 691-693 and “Neighbour Rosicky,” Vol. 2 pp. 694-714 (fiction)
Week 1 Creative Writing Assignment:
This week’s creative assignment is “What if…?” What if the time period of “Neighbour Rosicky” were changed to contemporary society? Write a 400-word creative response that addresses one of the questions below.
- How would Rosicky’s life be different with today’s medical technology?
- How would _________’s life be different with today’s technology? (You may choose any character from Cather’s story for this question.)
Assignment Requirements: Your submission must:
- include a minimum of 400 words, written in paragraph form.
- use Times New Roman 12-point font and be double spaced. A title page, running head, and abstract are not required.
- be submitted as a Microsoft Word attachment on the submission page (click title above). Assignments not submitted in this way may be returned to you ungraded.
There is a no-research policy in place for this class. Using any material other than the assigned readings and lectures, even if it is correctly quoted and cited, will result in a failing grade for this assignment. Contact your instructor if you have questions about this policy.