- The Process of Completing an Approved Mitigation Plan Essay
For this project, you will have the opportunity to apply the concepts and materials covered in this course to review a local or state hazard mitigation plan. The objectives of this project are to (1) demonstrate thorough understanding of the basic requirements of a plan, (2) gain experience reviewing a plan, (3) gain exposure to what makes a strong plan versus what makes a weak plan, and (4) enhance written and verbal communication skills.
- Select a hazard mitigation plan to review from the state or local level. I will provide some options, but you are free to research and select your own as well.
- Become familiar with your chosen Hazard Mitigation plan and also review the FEMA Local Mitigation Plan Review Guide which will be the framework you will use to review your plan.
- Map of Interdisciplinary Connections: (30 points)
- Map the disciplinary variables and interests related to the problem. (review lectures on mapping in the course site) A sample map is available via Canvas in this module.
- You must show at least 2 disciplinary connections to the problem in your map.
- You may include variables or issues, interests, etc. that are not aligned with a discipline. (What each discipline has missed). Indicate those clearly in the map through a distinct line style.