Yields Disease Resistance Nutritional Value of Food Crops
Increasing yields, disease resistance, nutritional value of food crops
have reasonable depth of information –
should not have information that is only tangentially related to biology
should have information and details that is easily aligned with material/concepts covered in our biology class
be easy to follow and demonstrate appropriate amount of student learning
not have material that is simply copied from other sources
be unique in the nature and type of information presented compared to other students in class
have at least three illustrations
Function of Mitochondrial Pyruvate Carriers Paper
Read the document of textbook pages and the other document with the figure panel chosen (FIGURE 1A)
After reading the document and observing Figure 1A answer the following questions:
- Which figure panel did you pick?
- For the experiment(s) detailed in this figure, what model organism was used in the experiments? In general, what are the advantages of using this model organism? What are the disadvantages?
- Describe, in your own words, the method(s) used to collect the data for this figure. A few sentences is fine.
- What result is depicted in this figure? What can we conclude from that result? What does the result suggest (what are the implications of the result)?
- What would be a different (potentially opposite) result have been? What would those results have suggested?